As easy as 1, 2, 3
Check out our fab starter earrings, choose which ones you fancy and make a note of them ready for when you come into store. Did you know that all ear piercings are free with the purchase of a Claire's starter kit? This includes your specially chosen starter earrings and ear care solution but also gives you 20% off coupon for your next visit. All of our piercings are super safe - we only use specifically designed pre-sterilised designs and we never use needles.
Have a read through our registration and waiver form, this tells you rather important stuff like if you're under 16 you will need a parent or guardian present and we may ask you for photographic ID to check your age.
Find a store near you using our whizzy store finder and check if they pierce cartilage. Once you're ready to come in, you don't have to book, just simply come in! All of our Claire's Ear Piercing Specialists are fully trained to pierce your ears. Once you've completed your Registration form, the Specialist will wear single-use, disposable gloves and first clean the surface of your ears with an antiseptic swab. They will then pierce your ear with a Professional Piercing System. We take care to ensure that everything is thoroughly cleaned in front of you and the piercing only takes a couple of minutes.
Keep it clean
One of the most important parts of getting your ears pierced is the aftercare. In order to obtain the best results, please follow these essential steps:
1. Make sure you thoroughly clean your hands with an antibacterial soap before you touch your newly pierced ears. DO NOT remove ear-piercing earrings. DO NOT handle your ears or your ear piercing earrings if you don't have to.
2. Cleanse the front and back of your ears 3 times a day by generously applying your Claire's Ear Care solution with a cotton ball or cotton swab, without removing the ear piercing earrings. Every time you clean your ear, gently slide the ear piercing earrings back and forth in your ear so the solution will go inside the piercing. Then gently rotate the ear piercing earrings a partial turn, both forwards and backwards, 2-3 times.
EAR LOBE PIERCINGS: Leave ear piercing earrings in your ear for at least 6 weeks. After 6 weeks, the ear piercing earrings can be removed and other post type earrings can be worn. Post earrings must be worn at all times for the first 6 months to ensure that your ear piercing will remain the proper size.
EAR CARTILAGE PIERCING: Leave ear piercing earrings in your ears for 12 weeks. After 12 weeks, the ear piercing earrings can be removed and other post type earrings can be worn. Some type of post earrings must be worn at all times for the first 12 months to ensure that your ear piercing will remain the proper size.
Be sure to view the AFTERCARE Video above for further instruction. And, you can always ask your Claire's Specialist if you have any questions!
Almost All Ages!
We start lobe piercing from 4 months of age* and cartilage piercing from 14 years of age**
If you're a little worried about getting your ears pierced we can do it super quick, call ahead and check whether we can do a dual piercing, meaning half the nerves and half the time with 100% satisfaction.
*piercing can take place 2 weeks after the final immunisation at 4 months in UK (6 months in ROI) we'll need to see the immunisation sign off
** parent or legal guardian permission is needed till up until the age of 16
It's important to prevent any problems such as irritation and redness
After your earpiercing, be sure to:
1. Keep hair, hairspray, soap, shampoo, cosmetics, perfumes or other similar types of preparations away from your newly pierced ears.
2. After shampooing, exercising, swimming, hot tubs, saunas or use of any of the above products, cleanse your ears with the Claire's Ear Care Solution as stated in Step #2.
3. Take extra care when putting on or removing clothing, brushing hair, sleeping, talking on the phone or wearing headphone/headsets so that newly pierced ears do not get irritated.
4. Avoid ear piercing earrings that are too tight as they can cause embeddings and infection.
An embedded piercing looks like the earring is beginning to disappear into the ear and the surrounding area is swollen and red. Always ensure that the clutch back is correctly situated along the post at the safety notch. The clutch back should never be pushed up along the post causing the lobe to be squeezed between the front and back of the earring.
Each time you cleanse the ear piercing area check for any signs of embedding, swelling, infection, discharge or redness. Should any of these conditions appear immediately consult your physician.
Look out for...
EAR LOBE PIERCINGS: Pain, redness or swelling that exists for more than 24 hours after a piercing is NOT a normal result of ear piercing. Persistent or reoccurring redness or swelling may indicate that your body cannot tolerate a foreign object in the skin, and as such you may be unable to wear pierced ears. Consult your physician.
EAR CARTILAGE PIERCING: If pain, redness or swelling in cartilage persists for more than 24 hours after piercing immediately remove the ear piercing earrings and consult a physician. Remember, cartilage piercing carries a greater risk of infection, permanent scarring and the potential of cartilage deformity.